1. What is PayPal, and how is First Baptist Church using it to enable online donations?
PayPal allows us to collect donations from a button on our website or an email link. It is a low cost way for us to make it convenient for you to keep your land pledge/tithes up-to-date, or, perhaps, donate to missions if you forgot your checkbook and cannot make it to the office.
2. Why did you choose PayPal?
It is the most widely-used donation provider and we have confidence in its reliability. Also, it is inexpensive. In fact, we do not pay anything unless someone donates, and then PayPal retains a small percentage of the donation as a transaction fee.
3. Do I have to have a PayPal account?
No. Look for the button that allows you to choose to use a major credit card (American Express, VISA, etc.) You can use one of them without ever signing up for PayPal.
4. Are you encouraging people to borrow to support the church?
No. We are simply making it convenient for people who prefer to donate online to do so, not asking people to incur debt to do so.
5. Do I have to be a member of the church to donate?
No. We are grateful for support from all who feel motivated to do so. PayPal does ask for your contact information, and we do not currently accept anonymous donations.
6. How do I make sure my donation is credited to the correct fund, such as my land pledge?
Just note that it is a land pledge, tithe, general donation, or whatever payment you wish, in the Feedback/Comments section.
7. Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes. We are a 501(C)(3) corporation.